If the user weewxd is running doesn't have sufficient permissions to access
the device, you get this error Message:

ERROR weewx.engine: Import of driver failed: The device has no langid
(permission issue, no string descriptors supported or device error) (<class
'ValueError'>)

To fix this, I've added an udev rule.

First, find out vendor and device id:

*pi@rpi:**~$* lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0781:5583 SanDisk Corp. Ultra Fit
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
*Bus 001 Device 004: ID 6666:5555 Prototype product Vendor ID Weather
Direct Light Wireless Device*
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub

Vendor Id is 6666, device Id is 5555

Then, create and edit a file with the udev rules:

*pi@rpi:**~$* sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/99-ws28xx.rules

The content of the file:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="6666", ATTR{idProduct}=="5555",
MODE="666"

Restart udev and unplug/replug the device (or restart the machine)

I don't know if there is a better way or if there is any other issue with
doing it this way, but this gets things working on Raspberry Pi OS :)