"'Werner Krenn' via weewx-user" <weewx-user@googlegroups.com> writes:

> A driver (and Skin) for the DAVIS Weatherlink Console 6313 is now available.
> It's not the final state, but it already collects the necessary data.
>
> https://github.com/WernerKr/davisconsoleapi

Wow! a lot of progress and thanks for posting.

One thing I'm not following 100%, and it would be good to clarify, but
it looks to me like this driver contacts the Davis cloud rather than the
console, and thus won't work if either
  - you don't let your device report to the cloud
  - the internet is down

But maybe I'm misreading and you have to set up the API and then can
read locally?  Either way, it would be good to explain what's going on
so that people who are cloud-allergic or want to understand failure
modes can understand more easily.

Greg