No, in this particular case, there isn't. There is just no value. The temp
sensor emits it's reading. If you are lucky, the console catches this
reading, there is no duplex or acknowledge between the sensor and the
console. The driver then simply gets no value and unless no other special
treatment is implemented or configured, no value is as good as any other
value, technically spoken. With WeeWX you can implement alarms, there are
also examples for dooing this, it should be possible to implement and
configure notifications, when there is no outTemp (or whatever)
value: https://github.com/weewx/weewx/blob/master/examples/alarm.py