You are not providing very much information. You say you "tried to follow
the steps in the guide but it didn't work". What steps in what guide? What
happened other than it did not work?

Did you read the Upgrading to V5.0 section
<http://weewx.com/docs/5.0/upgrade/#upgrading-to-v50> of the Upgrade Guide
<http://weewx.com/docs/5.0/upgrade/>? This is mandatory reading when
(before) upgrading to version 5. The sub-section pip installs to a new
location <http://weewx.com/docs/5.0/upgrade/#pip-installs-to-new-location>
actually provides a link to a wiki article titled Migrating setup.py
installs to Version 5.0 <https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/v5-upgrade>,
did you work through those steps? If not perhaps you should try them, if
you did what happened?

Gary