Hi All,

I wonder if anybody can assist with an issue I'm having while upgrading to
version 5?

After running "sudo apt install weewx" I get the following error:

Setting up weewx (5.0.0-1) ...
Using root:root as user:group
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weectl.py", line 50
    version=f"weectl {weewx.__version__}")
                                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
dpkg: error: --compare-versions takes three arguments: <version> <relation>
<version>

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use 'apt' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or
'more' !
Using debconf configuration values from previous install
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weectl.py", line 50
    version=f"weectl {weewx.__version__}")
                                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
dpkg: error processing package weewx (--configure):
 installed weewx package post-installation script subprocess returned error
exit status 1
 weewx

Has anybody got a work-around for this? I do have a backup of my v4
database, so can do a fresh install if it comes to that.

Many thanks
Simon