Well, there are some drawbacks. Sorry, that blames me. Of course I should
have attached the log files, but I still struggle with the new journalctl
log file system. The only entry I see there is

every five minutes.
So, I tested the reboot with the simulator driver. Then weewx starts as
expected, assuming, it is correllated to the gw1000 driver
At least, I can show the gw1000 related entry in weewx.conf:

# Options for extension 'GW1000'
[GW1000]
    driver = user.gw1000
    # This section is for the GW1000 API driver.

    # How often to poll the GW1000 API, default is every 20 seconds:
    poll_interval = 20
    [[field_map_extensions]]
        # WeeWX field name = GW1000 field name
        rainEvent = t_rainevent
        txBatteryStatus = wh65_batt

# Options for extension 'GW1000'
[Accumulator]
    [[rainEvent]]
        extractor = last
    [[txBatteryStatus]]
        extractor = last

There as a lot more of these Accumulator entries. Don't know, if they are
still necessary or up to date. My latest update of the gw000.driver was by
replacing /usr/share/weewx/user/gw1000.py
Version: 0.6.0b3  Date: 9 January 2024