You did not say what version of WeeWX you are using, but I suspect that
it's V5. If that's the case, wee_extension no longer exists. Use "weectl
extension <https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/utilities/weectl-extension/>"
instead. See *New utilities
<https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/upgrade/#new-utilities>* in the Upgrade
Guide.

Incidentally, for modern Debian systems, the following is what you want to
start and stop WeeWX:

*sudo systemctl start weewx*
*sudo systemctl stop weewx*

See the section *Running as a daemon