I just read a post about slow skin creation in a german weather forum. This
made me think about something. There were threads about the same topic here.

Sometime the DaySummaryManager was introduced. And I guess the reason was
to speed up aggregations. Instead of 288 records a day one record had to be
read only. This can make the difference for large databases.

Now if I think of a database of 10, 20 or more years. And I want to see
some alltime statistics. Even the day summary table is large in those
cases.

So I wonder if it would help to have a year summary table, too.