My existing weewx was running on my desktop computer. Unfortunately, the
computer is getting old and doesn't like to reboot. I decided to move weewx
to a Raspberry Pi device. While I had to wait for what seemed to be a long
time, my new Raspberry Pi arrived late last week. Long story short, I'm now
up and running my weather station using the Raspberry Pi. Sorry, I don't
have a public website to show how nice it looks.

Installing the operating systems was a breeze. Even adding weewx went
smoothly but only after I gave up attempting to reuse my old configuration
and sqlite3 database. Configuring the Belchertown skin took a while to get
working correctly because of my typing mistakes. One area that caused me
problems was the lack of a forecast. I didn't realize that the
forecast module was needed. Once installed, it looks great.

One tip - wee_extension no longer exists. With the latest version of weewx,
version 5.0.2, weectl is the master utility for use with the database,
debugging, managing your device, installing and removing extensions,
importing data, running reports, and station configuration. See
https://weewx.com/docs/5.0/utilities/weectl-about/

My next project is to figure out how to import my existing station data
into the new sqlite3 database.

Best,
Clifford

--