>From what I've read, it involves an interaction between a Weewx service
which adjusts the VP2 console clock to eliminate drift  - by default, it
checks every 5 hours and applies the correction when the error is bigger
than 5 seconds. I would suggest that if the error is close to 1 hour rather
than a little more than 5 seconds, then the correction should simply not be
applied, because of the risk of this happening. Fixing it on the next cycle
will be good enough.
It happened to my Weewx v 4.9.1 + VP2 (for the first time) yesterday too
and, because I have that archive parameter set to hardware, clearing the
datalogger memory meant I lost about a day's data.