Hi Ben

I was sneaky, I moved the weewx directories to the NAS and then created the
symbolic link in the place of it. I am lucky in that I have a production
system on 4.10.0 whilst I build my 5.0.2 system. It is really important to
get the permissions right otherwise it will be a disaster...!

I also insert snapshots and video from my weather camera's at that stage.
The VM that creates the snapshots and timelapse also has shared directories
on the NAS...

This is where stuff "should" be located...

Weewx 5.0 user guide - locations
<https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/usersguide/where/>

Good luck

Jon