Yes, different sensors will induce difference in results.
The formula used in my extension has been validated for the Davis radiation
sensor with the following specifications
: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0515/5992/3873/files/6450_SS.pdf
As far as I know, the Weatherflow Tempest has a light sensor that measure
illuminance (in lux)  and not irradiance ( in W/m2).
Even if one can find various formulas to attempt to convert illuminance
measurement ( in lux) to irradiance values(in W/m2) - see for
exemple
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/347362859_A_conversion_guide_solar_irradiance_and_lux_illuminance

- the formula of the sunduration extension will have to be modified , if
possible, to support illuminance measurements