Hello

I have a servlet that acquires two instances of a dependent scoped bean.
The first is aquired by @Inject Instance<CdiBean> the second is acquired
via CDI.current().select(CdiBean.class).get().

I can see that the first instance's @PreDestroy is called when I shut down
the application. However @PreDestroy is not called on the instance
acquired CDI.current. Here is the source:

My question is, is this behaviour intentional? And if it is, can you
please link me to the appropriate part of the spec that says when we
should expect a @Dependent bean created by CDI.current to be destroyed? I
have a customer concerned about this causing a potential memory leak.

Regards
Benjamin
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.