Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Julien Gilli wrote:

Hello,

Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre a écrit :

I attached a modified version of the patch including Vadim suggestion.
IMHO, the typedef brings some confusion : it would make StringList a type and a type alias. I'd personnaly prefer using std::list<string> explicitly than a typedef which has the same name than an exisiting class.

This approach (using explicit std::list<string>) everywhere signficantly lowers Signal/Noice ratio and makes code MUCH less lisible. If You believe that StringList name could create confusion
(i don't think so, but anyway)  we can use 'strlist'  for example
The purpose of the patch being making clear that we use the STL API, and not confusing any libsound client about a new API, using the std::list<std::string> type explicitly is quite appropriate IMHO. Jean-Philippe, I'd be happy that you go on with this patch and provide the others platforms' implementations as well.

Thank you very much for your contribution !

All the best,
--
Julien Gilli