Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Well, it is only recently that I started using wengophone (and compiling
> myself from svn in particular). Since then, I had several problems, some
> of you may have noticed that I submitted some tickets to trac. My feeling
> is that overall the current 2.1 branch is less stable than the rc2
> snapshot I used before.

There have been a few major changes in te last month (part of the reason
that we haven't done a release since the rc2) - first is the migration
to a newer version of libgaim (now called libpurple), which has solved a
large number of IM related issues but which has also introduced one or
two new ones. Next, there is the addition of a patch to use ALSA
directly on Linux rather than going through PortAudio - again, this has
resolved some long-standing issues, and has revealed a few problems too.

In addition, looking through the bug database, we've closed 177 bugs
since March 23rd, 126 of which have been fixed (the remainder were
duplicates (19), a number of bugs marked invalid (23 - many on other
branches), and 6 wontfix, 3 worksforme).

With that much activity, of course it's possible to have some
regressions, but overall we should be better now than we were a month ago.

> Most of that seems to be related to account settings,
> online/offline status and connecting. I must admit I didn't play with
> wengophone much further after that..

It's true that account handling, profile management and other sensitive
areas like that could do with some code review - it still annoys me that
we write out the config files every minute or so. Do you have any
suggestions for improvements?

In any case, thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Dave.