Hi, I'm evaluating WengoPhone in my company (we use Asterisk for now).

I've installed it to five members of a department in my company. They use the
Windows 2.1 version, so be sure I'll report their experience and issues
here ;)

But for now, I have some features request.

First of all note that now we use Asterisk so it can provides us native
transfer capability, conferences and so. But my idea is to use OpenSer for
internal calls and Asterisk just for the conection with ISDN and incoming
calls. So when that occurs SIP comunication in the LAN will be "pure", UAC to
UAC through OpenSer, so I'll lost the possibility of transfer with WengoPhone
since I don't see that feature in the softphone (not blind not attender
transfer).

So I resume here all the features I miss in WengoPhone for using it in real
SIP enviroment:

- SIP blind and attended transfer. This is essential in my company (and in any
one), and I can't imagine why OpenWengo doesn't include it (or maybe I'm
wrong?).

- Possibility of limiting incoming calls to just one. I do it for now with
Asterisk but in the future it won't be. And I don't like to set service side
calls limiting (in OpenSer), I don't like it, I prefer inteligence in UAC's.

- Better response code. Users in my company simply don't understand them. For
example:
  - When a call is rejected with "603 Decline", WengoPhone just shows "ERROR".
  - When calling to an inexisting number WengoPhone just shows "ERROR".
  - When calling to a phone in DontDisturb and receiving "480 Temporarily Not
Available", then WengoPhone just shows "ERROR".
Sincerely I think this is a very bad aspect in the usability and quality of
this softphone.

- Removing Wengo stuff when using other SIP provider:
  - The "look for a contact buttom".
  - Wengo rating bar.
  - Send "SMS".

- Implement DontDisturb that reject incoming calls with "480 Temporarily Not
Available". I've tryed to put "DontDisturb" or "invisible" but I think this
only works with PRESENCE service of Wengo provider, but EMHO WengoPhone
should really rejet a call with "480 Temporarily Not Available" if the user
has set the "DontDisturb" or "invisible" mode.

- I have tryed two WengoPhones with Openser and PRESENCE module. "invisible"
status doesn't work as the other wengophone still sees the status as "online"
or whatever is was before "invisible".
And if a Wengophone is set as "Dont Disturb" or "invisible" it can still
receive calls from other phones or Wengophones.

- Better keyboard interaction. With other softphones (as Twinkle or X-Lite) if
the softphone has the focus and the user press any keyboard key it is
introduced in the URL bar, but in WengoPhone the user needs to click in that
URL bar to write numbers.
The same with DTMF during a call. It could be great if during a call I could
press # or any number in my keyboard and WengoPhone interprete is at DTMF
instead of forcing me to enable the keypad and press with the mouse.

Please, consider all of this as a constructive critic since I'm very
interested in this softphone that I like very much. If you need more data or
a individual bug/feature report please tell me. Or maybe I should report this
request in the bug tracker better than here?

Thanks a lot and regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]