IMO this is a problem/bug of the SMS Gateway. IF the content-type is not text/plain or text/html it should ignore the MESSAGEs. The "typing" messages usually use a different content-type.

regards
klaus

klaus

Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
Seems like the chat from wengo (via SIP/SIMPLE) is sending all sorts of
meta-information to the peer. We have an SMS-Gateway here (accepting
SIP/SIMPLE messages which are sent out to a mobile phone), where I sent
two messages:
- Hallo
- Diese Message via [EMAIL PROTECTED] --vg Ralf

This resulted in 22 (!) SMS to the target:
- Hallo
- is not typing (multiple times)
- is typing (multiple times)
- stops typing (multiple times)
- Diese Message via [EMAIL PROTECTED] --vg Ralf
- stops typing

Can we somehow get rid of the meta-information (maybe as a
config-option)? This will probably also irritate other SIP/SIMPLE peers?

Ralf