Darshaka Pathirana wrote:
On 24.02.2008 18:58, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
Darshaka Pathirana wrote:
I am not even able to login. Are my settings correct? Does anybody
have experience with connecting Wengophone to the ekiga.net server?

I tried this (it didn't work) and the result of my test was: the HTTP
tunnel proxy which helps to pass through NAT doesn't work with a generic
SIP account.

Does that mean WengoPhone is not (and never was) able to connect to
any other SIP-Provider (because the HTTP tunnel proxy does not
support that)? This IS serious (at least for me). Any ideas on how
to overcome this limitation?

In rare cases where tunnelling is useless, I think it is possible to use generic SIP account. A solution is to implement another tunnel proxy but the bandwidth is difficult to support.
Maybe that the best solution is to have distributed proxies like Skype do.

I don't remember why you have a response to the SIP ping but not for the
true register. I think that the solution is in HTTP proxy...
Could you send your wireshark log ?

Yes I have the same concern. I've attached the pcap-file of my trace...

It seems that your NAT allow SIP because you have a response to your SIP ping in a true UDP packet. But the second register doesn't have a response. What is the difference ? Maybe the via line with local address... Could you try to remove the via ? You can comment osip_message_set_via() in wifo/eXosip/src/jrequest.c

The HTTP tunnel is not implemented in generic SIP. You can check it in
SipAccount::discoverForSIP (wengophone/src/model/account/SipAccount.cpp)
and in WengoAccount::discoverForSIP
(wengophone/src/model/account/wengo/WengoAccount.cpp).
I ever tried to implement HTTP tunnel in generic SIP but it didn't work.
I think that it is a political reason in proxy implementation.

Ok. Thank you for pointing out. I had no idea that SIP is tunneled
through a HTTP tunnel. Is there no other solution? It seems that I
have to read into it...

--
Thomas