Dear Colleagues,

The assault on the Arua Woman MP by the administrators of Arua is a criminal
act. I think the social implication and reflection of this kind act by our
administrators on our society and our region leaves a lot to be desired. If
that is the behaviour of those leaders against a responsible elected official
of the region, I wonder what the extent of suffering the ordinary population of
our area experience under these leaders. With this in mind;

1).I would like to call upon WNF as the civil society's voice in West Nile to
write a letter to the District Council and copied to the media in Arua to
condemn these criminal acts because probably many local voiceless people may
have suffered the same or similar assaults in the past or will suffer the same
fate in future.

2). WNF should quickly accelerate organizing the public forums to discuss some
of these immediate issues ( like the assault on innocent citizens, none payment
of farmers by BAT) that affect the public.

3). The meningitis epidemic issue in West Nile. What is that West Nile has this
epidemic almost every year when such epidemics are supposed to be diseases of
the 1960's.

I think these are the people's survival issues which need to be looked at with
the highest priority.

Over to you members  and thanks,

Vasco Oguzua