Dear West Nilers,

While it is a good idea for the candidates aspiring for political positions
in our region to provide their manifestos for perusal and comments on
this forum, I think  (this is only my view, not everyone may have the same
thoughts) they probably could just outline the issues they believe are most
pressing issues of our region and how you intend to address them with
specific timelines. They could also tell us what and how they have helped
the local population in addressing some (if any at all) of the issues when
they were not aspiring for a political position. What they think they will
do differently from the past politicians or others aspiring for the
same position.

As for the politicians who have been in office they should tell us what they
have done which they can be identified with on the ground. I also feel they
should address the issue of team work as representatives of the region,
irrespective of their party affiliationn. One of the things which I believe
has made our region not achieve much is the inability of our representatives
to stand as a united group to lobby for our region. It would appear to me
that they have taken their party affiliations more important on most issues
rather than advocating as united group or block on issues associated with
development in our region. Take for the issue of Nyagak, I can not believe
for more than 6 years the project which probably should have taken less than
two years is not completed. I have heard our opposition MP's complain and
curse WENRECO for their mistreatment of our people, yet our MP's and
Ministers who are in the government are not at all concerned because they
have to toe the party line or agenda set by their boss when the people they
are representing are crying and being cheated and abused with high rates of
electricity bills and moreover the power supply is intermittent.
The issue of how the aspiring candidates for political positions in our
region stand on working as a team when it comes to addressing issues
associated with development of West Nile regardless of their party
affiliation must be addressed very seriously. While these candidates may
stand for different parties, they should realize that they all are
representing the same region. As such I would like them to make their stand
on unity as representatives of our region when it comes to lobbying or
fighting for development and protection of our region.

These are some of my thoughts, I hope I have not inconvenienced anyone, I
have, my apologies in advance.

Thanks,

Vasco Oguzua  .