Based on what I have heard, the independent forensic investigation into
what caused the death of Janan Luwum was supposed to involve an exhumation
of his body so as to be clear about what actually killed him? That would
have been followed by a grand reburial at Namirembe Cathedral.

The World Council of Churches, the ones conducting the independent probe,
was alledgedly prepared to do the forensics and as we all know, their
investigation would have led to Sainthood for Janan Luwum.

Central to the process of awarding Sainthood is how and why he died.

The other obviously bigger part of the WCC probe looks at how Janan Luwum
led his entire life while alive.

Officially denying Janan Luwum sainthood in the 80's meant that, though he
appeared religious, his activities weren't!?!

I personally understand the WCC position. I stood in front of the weapons
displayed at Namirembe Cathedral grounds next to the blue truck painted
with a Pepsi sign.

The book "Sowing The Mustard Seed" expounds on the details of that
operation and even gives names of those who were driving the trucks.

So before even exhuming the body for investigative forensics and possible
reburial at Namirembe Cathedral, the Sainthood process came to a brutal
end...possibly forever!?!

Sadly, Janan Luwum himeself had crossed the Church's red line.

Many people ask me about that event but the above is exactly what I tell
them.

The only other official investigation on record besides the one conducted
independently by international investigators from the Church, is the
official Uganda government statement.

The rules and regulations for Sainthood are so stringent and sadly, so time
consuming that even Pope John Paul II is awaitng his.

But the investigation that disqualified Janan Luwum might also be the very
one that disqualifies the late Mwalimu Julius Nyerere for whom calls have
been made to grant him sainthood as well.

Based on records including "Sowing The Mustard Seed", Mwalimu Julius
Nyerere was the main facilitator of the subversive activities that led to
the seized weapons that had themselves led to Janan Luwums disqualification
from sainthood.

So if Janan Luwum couldn't be a saint, isn't it irrational for Nyerere to
be one?

Because from the Churches perspective, Janan Luwum literally isn't, wasn't
and will never be a Saint.

--
Hussein Juruga Lumumba Amin
Kampala, Uganda