As we watch President Uhuru Kenyatta walk into the ICC courtroom
today, I recall writing an editorial exactly a year and ten days ago
explaining how Uhuru seems to have been intentionally dodging the
International Criminal Court. He said then that he was busy fighting
terrorism: Westgate.
For the record, Uhuru announced his candidacy for the 2013 Kenyan
Presidency right after he was indicted for the 2007 election violence.
Leaving many to conclude that as a suspect, him running for the
presidency was actually him running from arrest.
So what was all the African Union hullabaloo about sitting African
Presidents being banned from attending ICC court cases in The Hague?

--
Hussein Juruga Lumumba Amin
Kampala, Uganda