Picture (attached): His Excellency President Idi Amin greets hundreds of
thousands of jubilating Ugandans who flocked the entire capital city and
upcountry towns after he took over as the new President of Uganda.

Dear researcher Timothy Kalyegira,

I came across your recent history article concerning events that led to the
1971 change of government where my father became the new Head of State.
I do not understand how you came to the conclusion that Akena Adoko (Chief
of the General Service Unit), was plotting a coup against his cousin former
President Milton Obote.
What was their actual tactical plan?
To me the problem is simple: How does Akena Adoko plot a coup with his
fellow tribesmen against his own cousin, and then Amin whom they all
allegedly hate, becomes the president?
In public interest, I would like to request that you research
independently, impartially, and substantively the whereabouts, actions and
sad orders of then Lt. Colonel David Oyite Ojok on 23rd January 1971 at
around 4pm. Because that is probably the only way you will discover exactly
what sparked off the gun fight that led to the army pouring in the streets
and on strategic sites and then taking-over the country two days later.
And if you conduct that research, then you might establish if Oyite Ojok
was working under Akena's orders, or Obote's.
But please talk to physical eye witnesses who personally saw and heard
Oyite Ojok. Talk to those who were actually in the gunfight dodging bullets
and returning fire that evening.
Why and how did they start firing their weapons and under whose express
orders?
Avoid the usual attention-seeking politicians who always claim knowledge
but in reality were probably hiding under their beds in their private
residences elsewhere in the capital Kampala. Neither were there any British
officials nor any Israeli's at that specific time and place. So their
writings are not first hand accounts.
I prefer therefore that you investigate independently yourself.
As a hint, I can tell you now that had it not been for Oyite Ojok's actions
that day, there would never have been the military take-over of January
25th 1971.
Meanwhile, here is a short news clip/video of the Ugandan people barely a
day later when my father released all the political prisoners who had been
incarcerated and tortured for five years by Former president Milton Obote.
Uganda has not witnessed such a massive national celebration since that
day: youtube.com/watch?v=dAiFVRUh
W64

August 2 at 3:57pm · Privacy: Public

COMMENTS:

Zzimbe David
The late general Bernard Rwehururu elaborated these events quite well.
Oyite ojoks orders to a one Lt. Bongomin to kill non luos in malire
barracks sparked off the counter coup that brought general iddi Amin to
power.
Like · 4 · Reply · Delete ·
Report · Aug 3 at 12:22am

Timothy Kalyegira
Hussein Lumumba Amin , I already wrote several years ago about what you are
asking me to research: The Oyite-Ojok role in the actions at Malire that
set in motion the events that led to the January 25, 1971 coup.
Like · 6 · Reply · Delete · Report ·
Aug 2 at 7:16pm

Nasser Bukya
I respect that guy
Like · Reply · Delete · Report · Aug 2 at 7:35pm

Salad A Hoshle
President Amin will be remembered as a great African leader. He was a man
of the people . May Allah grant him jantul firdous.
Like · Reply · Delete · Report ·
Thursday at 5:28pm

Hussein Lumumba Amin
No matter what other bullshit they say, never forget who caused the fall of
Obote's government in 1971: It was David Oyite Ojok.