Quoting Dan Harkless ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > I'm afraid so.  Case in point: ftpparse.c compiles with some
> > warnings.  Am I allowed to modify it?  The copyright statement is
> > vague, and Jan's inquiries have fallen on deaf ears.
>
> And I guess it'd be tough to find some other open source FTP listing
> parser out there (except maybe in the form of a Perl module or
> something).  Not the type of thing most tools need to do.

Well, we almost have it: There were only minimum changes needed to
support MacOS FTP (NetPresenz), VMS seems to work as well. Both of
them work for Lachlan Cranswick for more than a week now, so it's less
likely that I did something seriously wrong [1]. I'll check it in
during the weekend. After that, wget shall support UNIX ls output,
Microsoft IIS output, VMS, and MacOS. I'd say that this covers a
substantial portion of servers that are being used today. Naturally,
if someone points me to an Amiga, Atari, IBM VM-SP, DOS, or whatever
other server that is not completely broken, a parser for that server
will be implemented.

> I know the "lftp" client also implements some degree of
> listing-parsing, as it implements timestamp preservation.  Maybe we
> could take a look at it.  Here's what I had on where to find it as
> of 1999-04-12:

Thanks, I'll have a look what they have.

-- jan

[1] Imagine I spend today more than twenty minutes trying to find why
    scanf("%f %f %f",a,b,c), where a,b, and c were _integers_, gives
    very suspective results. Bah. I should probably return my diploma.

 Jan Prikryl        | vr|vis center for virtual reality and visualisation
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.vrvis.at