I'm mirroring a very large tree locally. As the tree is larger
than the local filesystem, I periodically stop wget, save what
I've downloaded on CD-ROM, truncate the saved files to 0 and
then start wget -N -r again to get more files.

Unfortunately, wget checks not only the mtime but also the size
of the local files and starts downloading them again.

This patch adds the --ignore-size option which prevents this.
When this option is present, wget will not retrieve the remote
file again as long as the local file exists and is more recent,
even if its size is not the same as the remote file.

The patch has been posted to wget-patches. It's also available
at <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/wget/>.

I will write a documentation patch if you think the patch worth
including in the distribution.

--
André Majorel
Work: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>