Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> hi!
>
>   `wget -c file'
>
>   starts to download file from the begining if the file
>   is completely downloaded already...
>
>   why?!
>
>   I expect wget to do nothing in this case: I wanted it
>   to download file to the end (i.e. to continue, -c) and
>   if the file is already here so there is nothing to do.
>
>   There is nothing for this case in the man so I'd like
>   to know is there explanation for this behaviour, otherwise
>   I think it should be considered `a bug'.

Yes, it's a known bug and is documented in the current CVS version of
wget.texi.  With luck, the fix may be as simple as changing a <= to a <.
It's just that no one's had a chance to look at it.  Feel free to peruse the
source and send us a patch.

Dan Harkless            | To help prevent SPAM contamination,
GNU Wget co-maintainer  | please do not mention this email
http://sunsite.dk/wget/ | address in Usenet posts -- thank you.