Yang jizhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
[...]
>   I use wget 1.5.3 to carry out these mirroring tasks. The command line to
> mirror http://www.isoc.org/ is as follows:
[...]
>   Therefore, my suggestion is that wget can provide a new HTTP option named
> --document-root or something else. It works independently of other related
> options such as --convert-links. This option convert any root reference in
> the mirrored document into the specified virtual document root. For example,
> /oti or http://www.isoc.org/oti is converted into /sites/www.isoc.org/oti.
>
>   Is there any other solution to my situation?

Yes, the other solution is for --convert-links to simply convert the
"hostless absolute" links (starting at the original server's document root)
to relative links.  Then the mirrored sites can be moved around at will,
without the need for a fixed "virual root", which might change in the
future, breaking all the links.

> Can anybody give me a revised version of wget, or tell me how to revise
> it? Thanks.

There've been some improvements to link conversion in 1.6 and the current
beta version, 1.7-dev (see <http://sunsite.dk/wget/>), but unfortunately -k
doesn't yet behave like my above description.

BTW, Hrvoje (if you're reading this), in revision 1.27 of TODO, you removed
the item for converting hostless absolute links to relative.  Why?  I've put
it back, with a modified wording to reflect the new behavior where links to
non-downloaded files are converted to fully-qualified URLs.

Dan Harkless            | To help prevent SPAM contamination,
GNU Wget co-maintainer  | please do not mention this email
http://sunsite.dk/wget/ | address in Usenet posts -- thank you.