Quoting Arkem ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> I'm currently wondering how/when wget reads URLs from files.  I'm
> wondering if it is possible to append URLs to the file list while
> wget is running or whether these would just be ignored by wget.

As far as I understand the code, they will be just ignored. The input
file is parsed once at the beginning of retrieval, URLs are stored
into a list and then retireved.

> My goal is to have it so I could append URLs on the fly to a file or
> a directory so that wget would download them when it got down to
> that part of the file list.

It should be possible to write a simple script that make this
possible.  Just start a wget session with a list of URLs to
donwload. In the meantime, put new URLs one after another down to
another file, and when the current wget session finishes, replace the
wget "input" file with the file containing those new URLs and start
wget again ...

-- jan

 Jan Prikryl        | vr|vis center for virtual reality and visualisation
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.vrvis.at