I'm using wget to mirror a site which is dynamically generated. The first
page contains
1000s of hrefs looking like this.

        href="http://sitename/page.asp?page1";
        href="http://sitename/page.asp?page2";
        href="http://sitename/page.asp?page3";
        href="http://sitename/page.asp?page4";

The mirroring process is fine. Wget puts the content into files like

        ./sitename/page.asp?page1
        ./sitename/page.asp?page2
        ./sitename/page.asp?page3
        ./sitename/page.asp?page4

But the wget link-converted version of the first page - the one containing
the 1000s of
hrefs - contains relative links like this.

        href="sitename/page.asp?page1"
        href="sitename/page.asp?page2"
        href="sitename/page.asp?page3"
        href="sitename/page.asp?page4"

I'd like them to be of the form

        href="sitename/page.asp%3Fpage1"
        href="sitename/page.asp%3Fpage2"
        href="sitename/page.asp%3Fpage3"
        href="sitename/page.asp%3Fpage4"

Because then I could simply dump the mirror into an apache document root and
browse the
mirror locally.

I gather that convert-links handles absolute->relative & relative->absolute
conversions
but should it also handle URL->ENCODED-URL conversions?