Hi All,

I'm going to try this again since last time I got only one response
which unfortunately, although helpful, didn't solve the problem. :-(

I won't include all the logs again (Maybe the length put people off
reading it!) but I'll just ask the question:

If I use wget to ftp a file from a remote site using the format:

Rick> wget ftp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/dl/a.a

and I have a .netrc, would you expect wgetrc to look for the remote
user / password (i.e. the password for "rick" at "a.machine.com") in
the .netrc file?

I would but it doesn't - it searches the .netrc file for an entry
associated with my proxy machine!?

Comments please?

Regards,
--
Richard Travett,                Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  May all your communications be free from electro-magnetic disturbances,