>From: Hrvoje Niksic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

>Also, could you include a ChangeLog entry with your patches?  I've
>used this for ChangeLog:

Sorry, yes.

>> Requires makeinfo, for example
>> ftp://ftp.sunsite.dk/projects/wget/windows/makeinfo.zip
>> (the old Url for makeinfo wasn't active anymore).
>> Also requires perl, for example from
>> http://www.activestate.com
>
>Could you please document this in a readme file?

The attached patch should clarify this (somewhat)... or do you think
something more verbose is needed ?
The activestate installation instructions are rather simple, but they
sometimes change from package to package, so anything more specific
could rapidly become outdated.

The attached patch also adds config.h in the windows src Makefile for
the "clean" target, since that one is explicitely copied by configure.h
. Possibly it would be more clean moving only Makefiles from
configure.bat, and copy the correct config.h from src/Makefile ?

>It's not intentional, it's just that 1.8 is far from being released,
>so I didn't update the file.  But it'd be fine to update it to 1.8-dev
>or something.

Or keep it in a single file, and update at compile time version.c and
wget.texi ? Possibly using sed or perl since it's already required
anyway. Or the opposite, extract the current version from version.c and
get the month, or whatever.

Bye
Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073