On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> Here is the next 1.8 beta.  Please test it if you can -- try compiling
> it on your granma's Ultrix box, run it on your niece's flashy web
> site, see if cookies work, etc.
>
> Get it from:
>
>     ftp://gnjilux.srk.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/.betas/wget-1.8-beta2.tar.gz

It compiled fine for me on my shell account at my ISP (Alpha-dec-osf4.0)
and on my home Redhat Linux 6.2 system. (On the linux box, I had to edit
the Makefile to deal with undefined symbols in main.c when compiling beta1
but this issue was resolved with beta2.)

The --limit-rate option is a real plus for those of us with dialup
connections. It's nice being able to control our downloads *hogging* of
the limited bandwidth. Thanks.

Jesse McDonnell