"Ian Abbott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 1 Dec 2001 at 4:04, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
>> As a TODO entry summed up:
>>
>> * -p should probably go "_two_ more hops" on <FRAMESET> pages.
>
> More generally, I think it probably needs to be made to work for
> nested framesets too.

Maybe.  You can make it work by removing the depth checking in line
259 of recur.c.

I was uneasy with that because of the fact that, by the time this
check is evaluated, we don't really know whether the current URL comes
from a FRAMESET.  We only know that the depth has been exceeded and
that we're only accepting "requisites".  So if a, say, image file,
happens to serve text/html, perhaps due to it being an error page,
we'll follow its "requisites".  The exact same thing could happen with
buggy framesets.

So I opted to allow only one additional recursion level, as the TODO
item specified.  I suppose we could allow another one, in case a frame
contains more frames, but we should probably not make it unlimited.
Even with `-np', there shouldn't be a way for bogus external output to
make Wget completely ignore the maximum download depth the user has
specified.