Hrvoje Niksic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Why is unpacking two tar files instead of one a complication?

At the moment, it just wont work (gettext limitation); nevertheless we
are thinking about the possibility to offer separate translation update
packages.  For it's still essential to ship most recent translations
with every regular package release.

> (And that's provided you want translations in the first place; many
> people don't.)

These people are experts.  They can go directly to the CVS and download
what they need.  Please note, according to my experiences "Americans"
can stand the translations coming with tar.gz files; only "advanced"
European users (so called "experts") don't like them.

> There are packages that are much more complicated to install than
> that.

The difference is translation are not "essential" -- thus people will
tend to ignore them if additional efforts are involved.  This might
change in the future but for now that's the truth.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (work) / [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o