On Mar 8,  1:11pm, Rodriguez, Julian wrote:
> And these are the error messages:
>
> Continued download failed on this file, which conflicts with `-c'.
> Refusing to truncate existing file `suse-axp-CD2-20010509-2.iso'.

This is a problem I have also seen often with newer wget versions.
I've seen it with http-Downloads, with and without proxy.
More details: I have it with wget 1.7.x under IRIX and Linux.
Older version 1.6 always works fine in this situation.
Therefore I did not delete 1.6, also the old http parsing in
version 1.6 is sometimes more useful than the newer one.
I do not yet use version 1.8.x, because this has the not yet
repaired problem with the special character translation
in local filenames ;-)

Best Regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany