Andre Majorel wrote:

> > Yes, that allows me to specify _A_ referrer, like www.aol.com.  When I'm
> > trying to help my users mirror their old angelfire pages or something
like
> > that, very often the link has to come from the same directory.  I'd like
> > to see something where when wget follows a link to another page, or
> > another image, it automatically supplies the URL of the page it followed
> > to get there.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> Somebody already asked for this and AFAICT, there's no way to do
> that

Not only is it possible, it is the behavior (at least in wget 1.8.1). If you
run with -d, you will see that every GET after the first one includes the
appropriate referer.

If I execute: wget -d -r http://www.exelana.com --referer=http://www.aol.com

The first request is reported as:
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: www.exelana.com
Accept: */*
Connection: Keep-Alive
Referer: http://www.aol.com

But, the third request is:
GET /left.html HTTP/1.0
Host: www.exelana.com
Accept: */*
Connection: Keep-Alive
Referer: http://www.exelana.com/

The second request is for robots.txt and uses the referer from the command
line.

Tony