Hi!

I recently managed to get my "big" machine online using a two PC
(Windows boxes) LAN.
A PI is the server, running both Zonealaram and Jana under Win98.
The first one a firewall, the second one a proxy programme.
On my client, an Athlon 1800+ with Windows 2000
I want to work with wget and download files over http from the www.

For Netscape, I need to specify the LAN IP of the server as Proxy
address.
Setting up LeechFTP works similarly, IE is also set up (all three work).
But wget does not work the way I "tried".
I just basically started it, it failed (of course)
and I searched the wget help and the www with google.
However, the only thing that looks remotely like what I need is

''''''''''''''''''''''
-Y on/off
--proxy=on/off

Turn proxy support on or off.  The proxy is on by default
if the appropriate environmental variable is defined.
''''''''''''''''''''''

Could someone please tell me, what
"the appropriate environmental variable" is
and how do I change it in Windows
or what else I need to do?

I'd expect something like
--proxy=on/off
--proxy-address
--proxy-user
--proxy-passwd
as a collection of proxy-related commands.
All except --proxy-address=IP exist, so it is apparently not necessary.

Kind regards
Jens