On Fri, 24 May 2002 08:03:15 -0700 (PDT), Doug Kaufman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2002, Valery Kondakoff wrote:
>
>> I downloaded two win32 'tee' ports, and they works as expected when
>> I'm entering in command line something like this: 'wget.exe -V |
>> tee.exe wget.log', but after I enter 'wget.exe http://someurl.com |
>> tee.exe wget.log' the 'wget.log' file remains empty... What is wrong?
>> (WinXP Pro, GNU Wget 1.8.1+cvs).
>
>Wget sends to stderr by default. Try "wget -o - |tee wget.log". This
>should send output to stdout, which tee can then handle.

That doesn't work.  It just creates a file called "-".

Interestingly, I've just found out that Win NT's default command-line
shell (cmd.exe) supports Unix-style redirectors.  So you can use:

  C:\>wget http://someurl.com 2>&1 | tee wget.log

That should work on Windows NT, 2000 and XP but won't work on Windows
95, 98 or ME as it uses a different comamnd-line shell (command.com).