On Thu, 30 May 2002 03:43:06 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Ian Abbott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> This is a bit late,
>
>Sorry it didn't make it in.  I guess we could publish it on the web
>site, so that people who wish to compile 1.8.2 with Borland C++ can do
>so.  Heiko's "Wget on Windows" page is another good place to link to
>this patch.

I'll clean it up a bit.

>> +# ifdef NO_ANONYMOUS_STRUCT
>> +  wt->wintime.u.HighPart = ft.dwHighDateTime;
>> +  wt->wintime.u.LowPart  = ft.dwLowDateTime;
>> +# else
>>    wt->wintime.HighPart = ft.dwHighDateTime;
>>    wt->wintime.LowPart  = ft.dwLowDateTime;
>> +# endif
>
>Isn't anonymous struct a C++ feature?  (I'm only guessing here.)

Yes, but some C compilers support it as an extension.

>Would wt->wintime.u.HighPart work under both compilers?  I'm just
>asking as someone who would like to see the number of #ifdefs decrease
>rather than increase.

Microsoft only document the anonymous form in their Win32 SDK, which is
why I'm hesitant to take it out altogether.  However, the undocumented,
non-anonymous "u." form does seem to work uniformly, at least with the
Microsoft, Borland and Watcom compilers I've tried.