Mats Andrén wrote:

> I found this problem when fetching files recursively:
>
> What if the filenames of linked files from a www-page contains the
> []-characters? They are treated as some kind of patterns, and not just
> the way they are. Clearly not desirable! Since wget just fetches the
> filenames from the www-page, it's beyond the wget-users control to
> insert escapechars, and so on.

Hi,
are you sure that this is wget's fault ?
Did you enclose the filename in '' like "wget
'http://domain/file[a-z].html'", else it is the bash and not wgets fault.
It is under Linux an commen mistake that people think the programm do
the expansion. But it is the bash who do it for
parameter.

Cu thomas