Hello,

I'm using the Windows version of wget 1.9.
My program uses it for downloading stuff (an antivirus update) from the Internet. The program is invisible to the user while the updating takes place, so naturally wget should be invisible too. That is why I've used the SW_HIDE flag for the ShellExecute Windows API function to hide the console window. That works fine for most of the systems I've deployed my software on, but for some reason (buggy Windows), hiding the console this way fails on one system, prompting me to seek an alternative solution.
Is there a way in WGET not to create a console window? Any easy alternatives?

-Vesko