"Tony Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
>> I'm about to release 1.9 today, unless it takes more time to upload it
>> to ftp.gnu.org.
>>
>> If there's a serious problem you'd like fixed in 1.9, speak up now or
>> be silent until 1.9.1.  :-)
>
> I thought we were going to turn our attention to 1.10. :-)

The two are not mutually exclusive.  There is now a branch for the 1.9
code.  That means that 1.10 can be worked on, and stability patches
applied to 1.9 in parallel.

Are there volunteers to take over maintaining the branch?  That would
mean following the -patches list and committing bug fixes (and *only*
bug fixes) to the 1.9 branch.