Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
Else i compiled successfully wget-1.9-rc1 on following platforms
(powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0, i686-pc-cygwin).

Thanks for the tests. Did you use the system compiler on AIX or did you compile it with Gcc?

The first time I compiled wget-1.9 with gcc. But like you ask this question, I try and success to compile it with system compiler for AIX. I use VisualAge C 5.0.2 (xlc_r executable) on AIX 5.2 with 3 lights changes in code like below. The first and second are just syntax. The third one is a quick hack that have perhaps no sense. Optimazing CPU Performance aren't a goal in wget but size of binary executable wget made with xlc_r (with no particular optimize flags) is around 330kB against 650kB with gcc.

RCS file: html-parse.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 html-parse.c
465c465
<     AC_S_QUOTE2,
---
>     AC_S_QUOTE2

RCS file: url.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 url.c
1353c1353
<   filechr_control     = 4,    /* a control character, e.g. 0-31 */
---
>   filechr_control     = 4     /* a control character, e.g. 0-31 */

RCS file: utils.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 utils.c
82c82,84