Use the -np or --no-parent option.

Mark Post

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Brooks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 11:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: how to get mirror just a portion of a website ?

Generally, I mirror an entire web site with:

wget --tries=inf -nH --no-parent --random-wait -r -l inf --convert-links
--html-extension www.example.com

But, that is if I am mirroring an _entire_ web site - where the URL looks
like;

www.example.com

BUT, how can I mirror a URL that looks like:

http://www.example.com/~user/dir/

and get everything starting with ~user/dir/ and everything underneath it,
but nothing above it - for instance, if there was a link back to
~user/otherdir/ I would not want to get that.

So basically, I want to mirror ~user/dir/ and below, and follow nothing
else - how can I do that ?

thank.