Herold Heiko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> From: Hrvoje Niksic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> Maybe `--connect-address' would be a good name for the option?  It
>> would nicely parallel `--bind-address'.
>
> I was wondering if it should be possibile to pass more than one name
> to address change (for recursive behaviour with absolute links).
> This would mean we need to associate names and address, and either a
> syntax which can specify multiple name/address couples or multiple
> invocations - e.g.
>
> wget
> --connect-address=site.dot.com:1.2.3.4,site2.dot.com:5.6.7.8,www.internal.si
> te:10.1.2.3

In my opinion, that's going too far.  If you need that kind of stuff,
edit /etc/hosts or the equivalent.  I really don't think that such
level of elaboration is appropriate for a fairly rarely needed
feature.  Besides, imagine every single network application
implementing its own "alternative" resolver.

If I implement --connect-address, it will be in the form of
`--connect-address=HOST[:PORT]', meaning that all network connections
performed by Wget connect to HOST[:PORT] instead of to the hosts and
ports specified by URLs.  I believe that handles Dan's case and those
encountered by me, and nicely parallels `--bind-address', which will
also be extended to allow port.