"Hrvoje Niksic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > If it where not for the "Host:" header, the name could remain
> > un-escaped. I don't know what the standard say about this case.
> > Should the header contain "Host:www.xn--troms-zua.no" ?
>
> The Host header is (I think) not URL-escaped, so we can simply send
> the 8-bit characters as we received them.
>
> Here's a patch; please let me know if it works for you.

It works kind off; wget resolves the name okay. The problem is that
www.tromsų.no is served by a virtual server that gives you what's specified
in the "Host:" header. So doing
  wget www.xn--troms-zua.no

gives the "correct" page while "wget www.tromsų.no" does not (the
same in IE also).

IMHO for this to work, wget needs to know the ACE encoded name
prior to resolving and building the HTTP header. Not a trivial task.

PS. Windows does not actually support non-ASCII in it's
DNS resolver. I had to use the hosts file.

--gv