If I have a URL that has %20 in place of spaces, and I use the URL directly as the
argument of WGET, it seems that the file is always "not found".  I've discovered that
if I replace each %20 with a space, and put quotation marks around the entire URL, it
works.

It would be nice to have a switch/option in WGET that would do this "interpretation"
automatically, without my having to put the URL into a text editor and run the replace
operation manually or as a macro and then copy the URL back into WGET's argument.

I presume that there is similar behavior when other characters (than the space) have
been replaced by % and their hex equivalent.