Sorry I can't help you Benjamin, but could you or anyone on the list help me?

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I don't know much about wget, so I need help with downloading a file on the internet.

I need to download this file every 30 minutes into a directory on my computer.

Each new download can overwrite the previously downloaded file.

This needs to be automatic (ie I don't want the command prompt open, and I don't want to enter a command more than once - ever)

First, can this be done with wget?

If so, could you give me the appropriate command to do this?

I am successful at downloading the file and overwriting it in my directory, but it won't keep doing it automatically. Here is what I am using as a command:

wget --wait=1800 -–output-document=C:\MoteMDM\BBRT\QlogDB.mdb “http://www.mote.org/~jhillier/FDA&CS/MDB_Files/QlogDB.mdb”;

The file only downloads once, and won't download again after every 1800 seconds????

Thanks,
Chris

Bufford, Benjamin (AGRE) wrote:

I am trying to use wget to retrieve a file from an OpenVMS server but have been unable
to make wget to process a path with a volume name in it.  For example:

disk:[directory.subdirectory]filename

How would I go about entering this type of path in a way that wget can understand?

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential
information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this
e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the
message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for
any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

  • Wget Help Christopher J. Higham