Alle 08:31, marted́ 11 gennaio 2005, hai scritto:
> Greg Hurrell wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > I would argue that instead of the table of contents there should be a
> > navigation sidebar with a structure something like the following:
>
> Great ideas, Greg. I'm sure if someone (you, perhaps? ... hint, hint)
> created the HTML page(s) for what you've suggested, Mauro would figure out
> a way to get them posted.

of course!

> > As it is, things are very confusing. The wget project is spread out over
> > half a dozen unrelated domains and even more subdomains.
>
> Also a good point. Mauro, is there any chance of finding a single domain
> that can host everything that's needed?
>
> > but I only discovered <http://cvs.sunsite.dk/viewcvs.cgi/wget/> (found
> > via Google) while doing the research for this email I'm writing now.
>
> If we find a single domain, the pages on the old domains should either
> redirect to the new domain or have the pages replaced with something like
> "This page is no longer maintained. Please visit
> http://www.wget.org/newpage.html";

registering a domain and find the hosting for the website is not a problem.
but it probably would not change the fact that we are using several domains
for wget related websites. unless using redirections, that is. and in this
case i don't understand why we can't simply setup redirections from the
current official wget website (which we could move back on sunsite.dk)
without registering and setting up a new website (a thing that could be too
much of a hassle, IMVHO).

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute of Human & Machine Cognition   http://www.ihmc.us
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net