From: Hrvoje Niksic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > but perhaps a better question would have been, 'Where can't a GCC
> > user do a printf() using "%ll"?'.
>
> On any system that predates `long long'.  For example, SunOS 4.1.x,
> Ultrix, etc.

   I thought we were discussing changes for large-file support.  Perhaps
I'm seeing things through my Info-ZIP filters, where the programs work
as well as they can with the OS features which are available, and large
files are the only thing demanding 64-bit integers.  While I'm aware of
some 64-bit systems which lacked large-file support, I'm not aware of
any environment which offers large-file support and lacks adequate
support for 64-bit integers.  (Nor would I care much about it if there
were one.)

   SMS.